Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Reality of Life in a Fallen World

"Thank You." "The Anchor Holds." "I Pledge Allegiance to the Lamb." "The Altar." "Watch the Lamb." "Feel the Nails." This list could on and on and on. The question: what do all these song titles have in common? The answer: they're all songs by former contemporary Christian musician Ray Boltz. If you're remotely familiar with any of his music, you probably know that it is widely popular in Christian circles and sung probably weekly across the nation. I even sung his song "Thank You" when my grandparents renewed their vows at their 50th wedding anniversary.
I was in staff meeting yesterday when I heard the news. Our associate pastor got the email. He gasped out loud. Ray Boltz admitted that he has been and is currently living a homosexual lifestyle. No hint of change. No sign of repentence. No kidding. If that's not a reality check, I don't know what one is. I guess I shouldn't be surprised or shocked. But the truth is, I was and am. Our world is messed up. I may write more on this later - after I finish throwing up. God help us. posted by John

No comments: