Thursday, September 18, 2008

Kevin Is In Surgery

When I got home this afternoon, I checked my email and found this email from Kevin's wife, Shanna. I thought I would share it with you:


To Our Precious Family and Friends,

I just wanted to send a quick note to you all. They took Kevin back at @ 6:30 this morning. He was a little groggy from lack of sleep and many, many drugs. He saw the kids this morning and they got to tell him they love him. He was secure in the knowledge that all is in God's hands. I read Due. 31:6 to him and that is where we left it. I want to let you all know how much I appreciate everything you have done for all of us. We could not make it without your love, suppport, and prayers. Please continue to pray for us today as we finish up with his surgery and in the days ahead as he recovers. God is so good.

We love you,
Shanna, Kevin, Blake, Connor, Daniel, Nikki, MaryGrace


Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or terrified for the Lord your God goes with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you.
Deu.31:6


What a wonderful verse to hear before going into surgery. The promise that we do not have to be afraid, because God is with us through every circumstance of life. Thank you Lord for always keeping your promises.

Something else I wanted to mention that I thought was very sweet. This prayer came from my 4-yr. old daughter at the lunch table today. After singing her "Thank you God for the food" song, she prayed ever so sweetly, "God, please help our friend Kevin, and help the doctor's not to make any mistakes." I couldn't have said it better myself. I'll post more as I hear!

No comments: