Friday, August 8, 2008

Sea World & Tons of Fun with Aunt Kimmy

This week has been tons of fun for the Woods' family. Aunt Kimmy (my sister) came last Sunday and joined us on our trip to Sea World. It is certain that we will have many great laughs when Kimmy is here. She is lots of fun, and the kids love having her around. Plus, she was a tremendous help to me while venturing through Sea World for 2 days with 4 children. Thanks Kimmy for driving the distance to spend the week with us. We love you and we think "You Rock!!" Anyway, we spent Monday enjoying the great shows at Sea World and riding a few rides. The first part of day 2 was spent at the water park in Sea World. The kids had lots of fun sliding down water slides and playing in the wave pool. We spent the rest of that afternoon riding a few more rides and seeing the things we missed on the first day. Sea World has really grown since I last visited! There is so much to see and do there! Hope you enjoy the pictures below of some our adventures from the week!
Here are my "BMW"s posing in front of a scene at the water ski show, which was one of my favorite shows at Sea World.

Here is Aunt Kimmy taking a ride on the ferris wheel with Brenna & Bethany!


"Journey to Atlantis" was the family favorite of all the rides at Sea World. Brenna was almost tall enough to ride, but the worker doing the measuring let her on through. She ended up riding this ride about 6 times. She loved the big splash at the end of the "water fall" she called it. You can see it in the background of the picture above.

Brandon couldn't stop talking about the "Steel Eel" roller-coaster and how he wanted to ride it. He talked about it from the time we arrived at Sea World on the 1st day. It was a big metal roller coaster that went very fast! Bradley decided that he wanted to ride too, and they both measured exactly 48 inches tall which was how tall you had to be to ride. John cared nothing about riding, Kimmy didn't want to ride either, so guess who was left to ride the "steel eel"? You got it, "Mommy"! I certainly was not putting my boys on there alone (I guess that is a mommy thing), so I decided to ride with them. Neither of them wanted to sit alone on the ride, so I talked Kimmy into riding it with us. We decided when the coaster came to a stop, that it was no fun at all!!! It terrified Bradley, but Brandon loved it and probably would've ridden it a 2nd time if there had been time. So, Kimmy, Bradley and I gave the "Steel Eel" a thumbs down while Brandon gave the ride a thumbs up all the way!!!


A very tired family at the end of 2 very fun days at Sea World! Bethany didn't go with us the 2nd day. She hung out with her buddy Kenlie and her family again! Thanks a million Lori!

5 comments:

Uncle Jeff said...

Hi everybody, it looks like you had a great time at Sea World. Brandon, I would have ridden the "Steel Eel" with you as many times as you wanted. Uncle Jeff loves roller coasters. I'm glad you all had a great time.

Uncle Jeff

Kimberly said...

Oh, well I suppose Uncle Jeff is the cool one now huh?? lol jk I must say that I do not like roller coasters one bit, and the Steel Eel was a nightmare. But, I am still the cool aunt. We did have a blast!! Love ya'll!

Kimmy

Kevin Preston said...

budligoWhy did John not want to ride? I thought he liked stuff like that. You didn't leave your van running, did you?

Kevin Preston said...

Sorry about the strange word in the previous post. I was trying to "type the characters in the picture above" and didn't realize where the cursor was.

Eryn said...

Thank you so much for sharing this with me! It is great to hear about the adventures and to see the pictures. I love roller coasters too. Please wish Bethany a very happy birthday and send my love to all.