Saturday, August 2, 2008

Keeping a 2-yr. old busy!

For those moms who have preschoolers, especially 2-yr. olds, you will be able to relate to this post. My precious little Bethany is 2 and about to be 3 in a week and a half. She is a darling little girl and I love her dearly. She loves to cuddle and snuggle up to you at bedtime. She gives the sweetest kisses and loves to be held and loved on. But, she is also my little "Curious George". She is into absolutely everything. And the problem is that she is very quiet so I have to keep my eyes on her just about all the time. I'm so thankful for older brothers and a sister who can help me watch. Anyway, one of my most challenging times is when I'm in the kitchen trying to cook supper, and she is loose in the house getting into things. So, the other day, I decided to keep her busy right in the middle of the kitchen floor. I took 3 sacks of dried beans that I didn't plan to cook any time soon, dumped them into a big bowl, gave her lots of scoops, cups, and bowls, and let her have a good time playing in the beans. She dug her little fingers all through them, filled the cups and bowls, then she would dump them back into the bowl and start all over. It was fun and kept her attention for about 15 minutes. And she actually kept them out of her mouth. Below is a picture of her playing in the beans! Ha, that sounds funny!



3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Any forthcoming blogs about pre-teen camp? Just curious. :)

taters and tots said...

Brilliant idea, Mom !!

The Tucker 3 said...

Hey Jennifer! I have the same problem with Elena when I am trying to cook. Most of the time she wants to help but she just ends up causing more trouble, like turning on burners on the stove and touching the hot oven. I will definitely have to try this idea, thanks for posting the tip! Plus Bethany does look adorable!