Monday, April 20, 2009

It Must Be Love

I left Monday morning for Paris, TX where I am speaking at a Children's Crusade. My five-year old Brenna has been begging, pleading, and bargaining to go with me for the last two days. She has come up with lines like this: I need to go daddy so you won't be alone and its ok if I miss my soccer practice and my preschool graduation pics and BSF and Children's Choir and two days of school (whew!). For every reason I gave for her not to go, she had an answer and explanation as to why she could go. The truth is that I wanted her to come to Paris with me. She is the consumate daddy's girl; and I love having her with me everywhere I go. Mommy was most concerned with daddy not being able to prepare for my crusade responsibilities each day if Ms. Brenna was with me. Brenna had an answer for that as well: I'll just bring my coloring book and color. Well, the drama turned very sad this morning with a tearful goodbye - for Brenna and for me. But as I drove away and embarked upon the 4 1/2 hour journey to Paris, I couldn't help but smile and think extremely grateful thoughts to have a daughter who loves her daddy so much that she wants to be with him everywhere he goes, no matter where he's going or what he'll be doing there. I love her that much too. I always want to be with her. It must be love. If I love my children this much, how incredible to think how much more my heavenly Father loves me as His child. Now that's love! posted by John

No comments: