Saturday, December 27, 2008

14 Years, Wow!

December 17, 1994 was one of the best days of my life. I remember it like it was yesterday. It was my wedding day, the day I married John A. Woods, the love of my life. I remember the excitement and joy I felt that day. I wasn't nervous at all, just so excited that our day had finally arrived. I remember all our family and friends being there to share our special day with us. I remember wishing the day would never end. But, as our wedding day came to an end, our new life together as a married couple began.



This year on December 17, 2008, John and I celerated 14 years of marriage. I can't believe it has been 14 years since we said "I do", but it has. After getting the kids all to bed, John treated me to dinner and a movie right here at home. He also surprised me with 15 dozen roses. Yes, that's right, I said 15 DOZEN. I was shocked to say the least. And, they didn't cost him a thing. I'm not sure how he did that, he never would tell me. But, they were absolutely beautiful. We didn't have enough vases to fit them in, so we had to leave them in the lovely buckets they came in. He said it was one dozen for every year we had been married, plus one to grown on. I've posted pictures to prove it. It doesn't look like 180 roses, but it really is. Scouts honor!!!



Thank you John for 14 great years. I know we've had our ups and downs, but God has sustained our marriage. I'm thankful for you and your love for me and our family. Thank you for working so hard to provide for us and take care of us. I love you more and more each day and am looking forward to the next 14 years to spend with you. Hopefully it will be many more than that! God has done so many things in our marriage over the past 14 years, and I praise Him for all He's done. Thank you John, for the yummy dinner, the movie, and the beautiful roses!










2 comments:

Kevin Preston said...

Congratulations! Tell John I need the hook up on the roses.

~Molly~ said...

Hey, I was THERE!!!!! I remember this day too, lol.

Your blog is GREAT by the way, I love reading about your family!

Molly

ps, I've got a blog too, you may have seen it on my facebook page but if not you can follow my blogger id to it.