Friday, June 13, 2008

Surprise!!!



I've just celebrated my 37th birthday. My sweet husband, John, planned a surprise party for me at our church. My parents and sister travelled in for the weekend which was a special treat. Thanks Mom, Dad, & Kimmy for giving up your weekend for me. John surprised me with 2 movie tickets for Mom and I to go to the movie on Sat. morning. I didn't realize at the time that he was using this to get me out of the house so he could finish gathering supplies for the party. To make a long story short, we saw the movie and then made our way to the party (not knowing I was headed to a party), where I was greeted by friends from church, and my family. The biggest surprise of all was when my 2 dear friends Meredith and Kristi came into the room. They travelled all the way from Paris to be at my birthday party. Thank you my dear friends for making the trip. It meant more to me than you will ever know.

John read many email messages to me from family and friends who could not attend the party. I know I have special friends who wanted to be there but for many reasons could not be. Thank you for your phone calls and emails wishing me a happy birthday. I love each of you dearly. To all my Dairy Queen buddies, thank you for coming to my party and showering me with wonderful gifts. You guys are great!

And last, but certainly not least, Thank you to my wonderful husband, for planning and pulling off a great party. I loved every minute of it. Thank you for all the work you put into it and also for the work you did keeping the kids quiet. That's a huge job in itself. I appreciate you and all you do for me. You are awesome and I love you!!!

3 comments:

taters and tots said...

Glad the party was a success and that you had such a special birthday ~ It was well deserved. And kudos to you, John. You're setting the bar pretty high there, bro!

Love ya'll!!

Unknown said...

mWhat a great surprise! I love the idea of the blog. You and all the Woods are very dear to the Mitchells. Thanks for allowing us to be part of your life!

Uncle Jeff said...

Wow, I can't believe you fell for the old "surprise free movie tickets" trick. Sounds like it worked like a charm. Kudos to John for pulling it off. I'm glad you had a great birthday and tell the kids Uncle Jeff says he loves them.