Saturday, June 21, 2008

Aloha! from "Outrigger Island"

This past week, we had Vacation Bible School at our church. It was our first experience of having VBS in the morning, but it went very well and we enjoyed it! We had a fabulous team of people who planned and prepared! It was very organized and ran very smoothly. Our kiddos had a very fun week! We travelled to "Outrigger Island" all week where we learned about "Living God's Unshakeable Truth". I worked in the 4th grade class where we averaged about 30 4th graders, Wow! My leade teacher was so organized though, that it went very well. Way to go Sandra!!! The highlight of my week was on Wednesday morning. John presented the gospel to our 3rd-6th grade students and then gave them the opportunity to stay behind and talk to someone if they had questions about becoming a Christian. He asked me if I would stay and counsel if he needed me too. I was nervous about doing that, because I always want to be very cautious when children respond to the gospel. I prayed and asked God to help me discern whether or not the children that I would counsel with, were ready to receive Jesus, or if they were just curious and asking questions. I had the opportunity to counsel with a little girl named Makalah who prayed to receive Jesus as her Savior. She was so certain and very sincere about what she was doing. Also, it was very clear to me that she was ready. Thank you Lord, for answering my prayer. As she and I were walking back over to our Bible study classrooms, she said with a big smile, "I feel like a whole new person!" We had about 10 students receive Jesus as their Savior during the week. Thank you God for working in the hearts of our students, but especially for allowing us to play a small part in what You are doing. Aloha!!
The Woods' Gang at VBS Family Night

Brandon enjoying Crafts!
Bradley enjoying Crafts!


3 comments:

taters and tots said...

Our kids attended FBC Brownfield's VBS and got to go to Outrigger Island, too. They had lots of fun and learned a lot. What a great story about little Makalah - that's what VBS is all about! Thank you for being faithful to the call.

Uncle Jeff said...

Hey sis,
I had a great time visiting with you on Thursday. The new pics look great. Tell the kids, Uncle Jeff and Eryn say hello.

Uncle Jeff

Paw Paw said...

The Scally Wag looks like he had alot of fun at his party!