Sunday, July 6, 2008

God is Faithful!

If there is one thing I've learned about my God, it is that He is faithful and provides for all our needs. This truth has become so much more evident in my life since adopting our children. I've also seen it much more since John and I went through Dave Ramsey's study, "Financial Peace University". God used this series to change our lives financially. I'm telling you this because I want to share with you what God has done this past week. I told you in a previous post, that our dog Daisy had to have surgery. A $500 surgery, Wow! Also, our van needed new tires and a new wheel which was going to cost another $450 or so. We had these unexpected expenses come up all in the same week. John got paid on the 1st, and when he got to the bank to deposit his check, he noticed it was more than normal. After investigating the extra amount, he realized that he had been paid extra for supply preaching for our pastor who had been out of town. Also, 2 days prior to him getting paid, a family approached John with a card that held a $100 check. The card simply said "Thank you for what you do!" This extra money was totally unexpected and God provided it when we had two major expenses come up. So, I'm bragging on God and His faithfulness to provide for His children. Thank you Father, You are good!

By the way, our sweet Chihuahua, Daisy is doing very well. She made it through her surgery just fine and is recovering nicely. Thank you Lord for taking care of her!


I would also like to say "Happy Birthday" to my precious Mom! Mom, you have been an amazing influence in my life and for that, I'm eternally grateful. I love you!

No comments: